Would you like to improve your understanding of wine, what wines to choose and when? Increase your skills at wine and food pairing? Come and join Nathalie in relaxed and comfortable surroundings at The Somers General for a very special wine education course.
Wine Course Overview
Made up of five separate, 2 hour modules, this course is ideal for building and expanding your appreciation of wine and oenology. The courses are held with small groups of no more than 8 people which ensures you will receive one on one practical guidance and theory tuition from Nathalie.
A few key skills you will learn include learning how to
- train your sensory receptors through various practical exercises
- develop your visual, olfaction and taste senses
- taste and analyse white and red wine and comment on your sensory perceptions
- discover the methods and secrets of making both red and white wine
- identify the red and white varieties of vines
- educate your nose
- discover what are the best wine-growing conditions for each cépage (variety)
- match dishes with the correct wine
- keep and serve the wine at the right temperature
You will taste 27 quality French wines and learn about the subtleties of the various wines varieties and techniques that come from such a broad selection. These wines have been personally selected by Nathalie to not only compliment the course format but also to provide you with an experience of tasting some exceptional wines sourced by Nathalie in her extensive travels throughout France.
You also will receive comprehensive course notes in a presentation folder that will serve as both a future reference for you and a lovely souvenir of your course with Nathalie Amey.
Course Dates and Times
|Module 1||Tue 10th March||6:00 pm|
|Module 2||Thu 12th March||6:00 pm|
|Module 3||Tue 17th March||6:00 pm|
|Module 4||Thu 19th March||6:00 pm|
|Module 5||Tue 24th March||6:00 pm|
Book Online - click here
Event Highlights and Inclusions
- full 5 module wine education and appreciation course
- students would be provided with comprehensive course notes and souvenir folder
- a maximum of 8 persons participating in the course
- nibbles and discussion at the completion of each module
The Somers General
A magnificent seaside venue with old world charm, the Somers General Store has been a local instituition on the Peninsula for over 50 years. It's a perfect location for our wine course with space and a great atmosphere to relax and learn.
2 The Boulevard, Somers
The Somers General
Please contact Nathalie Amey or Jonathan Ross if you require more information about the course.
Tel: Nathalie 0423 497 050, Jonathan 0423 497 176